Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween Wedding Wednesday-Engagement Photos


Today I am starting a new series called Wedding Wednesday!  As my readers might know, I had a Halloween themed wedding on October 29, 2011. A LOT  of it was DIY. I remember how hard it was to find good resources on ideas for Halloween weddings so in response to a few emails, I thought I would do a series where I highlight some of what was done. I will attempt to go in order...from the beginning to the end.

First up we have engagement photos. These are photos you might use for your wedding website, save the date, wedding decorations, around the house, etc. But to be sure, you will use them at least at some point for your wedding. So it is important to set the tone from the very beginning. Our tone was---Halloween! But we were doing fun, campy Halloween...not evil scary. So we did our engagement photos in a graveyard but with lots of smiles and fun. Here are some of them to give you an idea.



It is a good idea to ask your photographer to add some cool filters when they are fixing the photos. You can see some filters in use in these photos.



My husband and I were both gymnasts...we met 10 years ago coaching gymnastics! I was in heels so I couldn't do the same thing as him...I'm amazed my heels didn't stick in the grass


Make sure you check ahead of time for permits or requirements for photographing in a cemetery.  We found that one cemetery we wanted in Redondo Beach wanted $1400 for even just a one hour session! Also Hollywood Cemetery wanted $400 for an hour. Just make sure you check into those things so you are not breaking any rules.




The good thing about having an engagement session is learning about what pictures you like best. We took all kinds of pictures. But when we got the proofs, we could see that serious style pictures were not for us. We preferred the ones where we were smiling and we were able to translate that to optimize our wedding pictures.



I love how cool this photo turned out

same heels I wore to Promaballoona!



This is my favorite photo of all of them and my favorite filter...it makes us kind of look like ghosts!

Lastly, I want you to know who my amazing photographers were. We used Karen Leah Photography. We researched a lot of blogs and styles before deciding on them. And they were fantastic! Truly amazing...wait until I show you some of the wedding photos. We HIGHLY recommend them.

You can check out a sneak peek of things to come by looking at her blog post of our wedding.

I hope this helps get the ball rolling with some inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. You are one brilliant, disturbing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing a Google Image search for something else and came across this-THANK YOU SO MUCH! :-) (And I'm so glad these images finally got to be shown somewhere!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing Halloween photo shoot! Both look happy and excited for their big day. Came to know about backyard and roof tops spaces of wedding venues Los Angeles for theme weddings. Will hire one for my friend's bridal dinner party soon. Date is not yet finalized but maybe we plan it next month. Flowers, food, drinks and desserts will all be of her choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Hearing from you makes my day!

Locations of Site Visitors